Following up on our comprehensive EMV blog post from 2013 EMV. Chip and Pin. What You Need To Know, IMS believes the October 2015 transition to EMV cards in the US is a FIRM date. Here are links to some of the latest key news and research:
- Star Strikes Deal with MasterCard in the Latest Common AID Pairing
- 70 Percent of U.S. Credit Cards to Include EMV Chips by 2015
- Spurred by Fraud and Fear, Debit Card Issuers Cast Aside Their EMV Reservations
- The Cost of Fraud Versus the Cost to Upgrade: Why Doesn’t the U.S. Use EMV Technology?
- EMV Train is Gathering Steam: Procrastinators Take Warning
The financial industry’s mandated EMV implementation involves both new hardware and software capable of reading EMV ready cards. Retail Pro is using Merchant Warehouse (MW) as its EMV and mobile payments solution. MW offers a hardware, gateway and processing “solution as a service”, whereby choosing MW as your complete EMV provider gives you the best pricing, flexibility and total solution. This solution also eliminates the need to purchase of EMV ready hardware.
Contact IMS now to discuss your particular situation and migration path.